Orvis Clearwater Fly Line
Weight Forward Floating Fly Line
Item No: 5A3H-14-XX (Line sizes: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
- Designed to aid the inexperienced caster
- Built a half-size heavy to help load the rod
- Compact head creates positive leader turnover
- Built with Integrated Slickness—a patented additive for reduced friction
- Welded loop for easy leader attachment
- Orvis Line ID (laser printed on the line so you’ll never have to guess when the sticker falls off your spool!)
- Enhanced Welded Loop front end (super strong and super easy to attach leaders. Helps to transfer energy more efficiently to the leader allowing better turnover)
- The Fly Line Core is a Braided multifilament core provides excellent performance over a wide range of conditions.
- Made in the USA (Go team, go!)
This weight-forward floating line is built a half-size heavy to help load the rod, and aid the inexperienced caster. A compact head helps to transfer energy more efficiently to the leader allowing better turnover. The perfect line for the new caster. In fluorescent yellow. In sizes 3 wt-9 wt.
Shop Staff Notes: The Orvis Clearwater Fly Line is a good, basic line designed with the beginner in mind and is not a bad choice if your budget is tight or you are just starting out and are not too sure you want to spend a bunch of money just yet. We will say this, if you have it in your budget to spend $30-$50 more on a fly line, you will get a LOT more performance and length of service from any of the lines that cost between $79 and $99. They will have enhanced coatings for slickness and durability, two to three color schemes which make it easier to reference your line length to help in casting and have stealthier presentations and have much more refined tapers to aid in casting and fishing and will float higher in the water. That being said, you will do just fine with this line if your budget is under $50.
SMOOTH Fly Lines we carry: Freshwater: Orvis PRO Power Taper Smooth, Orvis PRO Trout Smooth, SA Amplitude Smooth Infinity, SA Mastery MPX, SA Mastery ART, SA Frequency Trout, Orvis Hydros WF Trout, Orvis Hydros Superfine, Orvis Clearwater; RIO InTouch Gold, RIO InTouch Perception, RIO InTouch Xtreme Indicator, RIO Trout LT;
Big Game/Saltwater/Tropical: SA Amplitude Smooth Titan Long, SA Amplitude Smooth Grand Slam, Orvis Hydros Saltwater All Rounder, RIO Tropical Outbound Short Floating, RIO Tropical Outbound Short Sink Tip;
Spey/Switch Lines: RIO Trout Spey LINE, RIO SKAGIT Trout Spey LINE, RIO Trout Spey HEAD, RIO Skagit Trout Spey HEAD, RIO InTouch Switch Chucker, RIO Scandi-Short Versitip, RIO Skagit Max, RIO Skagit Max Short, RIO ConnectCore Metered Shooting, RIO ConnectCore Shooting;
2018 Fly Lines on CLEARANCE SALE: Orvis Hydros HD Trout, Orvis Hydros HD Power Taper, Orvis Hydros HD Easy Mend, Orvis Hydros HD Bank Shot, SA Wavelength MPX, SA Wavelength Trout, SA Siege; Big Game/Saltwater/Tropical Lines: RIO Tropical Outbound Short Floating, RIO Tropical Outbound Short Sink Tip; Spey/Switch Lines: Orvis Hydros HD Switch Line, Orvis Hydros 3D Switch Line;