Orvis Hydros HD Ignitor Fly Line
A Powerful Weight Forward Floating Fly Line
- HD Dual Texturing (First 10′ of the tip has more aggressive texture for better floating, turnover and mending. The remainder of the line has a micro-replicated dimple texture which reduces friction in the guides, dramatically increasing casting distance.)
- Ovis designed, powerful weight forward taper loads the rod quickly for minimal false casting
- A short, powerful front taper for turning over big flies and/or for windy conditions
- Orvis Line ID (laser printed on the line so you’ll never have to guess when the sticker falls off your spool!)
- Integrated Slickness (built in and durable and super slick -in addition to texturing)
- Welded Loops front and back end (super strong and super easy to attach leaders and your backing)
- Duo-Colored– Blue/Orange (head/running line)
- Made in the USA (Go team, go!)
Feel the heat with this quick-loading, weight-forward tropical fly line. An extra-short, four-foot front taper allows for minimal false casts when throwing heavy flies to saltwater species such as redfish or snook. The short taper assists the energy transfer directly into the leader system, helping roll out large flies and manage windy conditions with greater ease. Slightly overweighted belly helps load the rod quickly and efficiently, while smaller diameter running line increases shootability. HD Technology microtexture surface reduces surface friction, improves flotation, and eliminates tangling.
Shop Staff Notes: The short, front taper on the Ignitor fly line really helps you turn over flies in the wind or big flies at distance. This line is excellent for inshore or around mangroves but also does very well on the flats when the wind is blowing (which it often does!). This line is designed to load the rod quickly at various line lengths out the rod tip for those situations when you’ve got to pick up and redirect your cast or when you are starting with the fly in hand and spot that silvery shadow cruising out at 70′. HD (textured) lines are so amazing to cast. They are our favorites to fish because of their performance and durability. We tell people that they will add 10′-15′ of distance with the same casting stroke as their old, non-textured line! That’s not a sales pitch, it’s true! They float great, mend crazy good and we’ve already mentioned their castability. Yes, they make some noise as the line is flying through the guides and they can burn your finger if your stripping streamer quickly with them but those are not enough of a negative to not use this line. The zing noise can actually help you in casting by helping with your timing (you’ll know exactly when line is moving through the guides -and one of the main keys in fly casting is, “There shall not be any line moving through the guides until it’s time!”) The figure burn with the streamers is fixed easily with a Buff Finger Sleeve. Bottom line about this line -you will love it!
SMOOTH Fly Lines we carry: Freshwater: Orvis PRO Power Taper Smooth, Orvis PRO Trout Smooth, SA Amplitude Smooth Infinity, SA Mastery MPX, SA Mastery ART, SA Frequency Trout, Orvis Hydros WF Trout, Orvis Hydros Superfine, Orvis Clearwater; RIO InTouch Gold, RIO InTouch Perception;
Big Game/Saltwater/Tropical: SA Amplitude Smooth Titan Long, SA Amplitude Smooth Grand Slam, SA Amplitude Smooth Infinity Salt, SA Mastery Redfish Cold, Orvis Hydros Saltwater All Rounder;
Spey/Switch Lines: RIO Trout Spey LINE, RIO SKAGIT Trout Spey LINE, RIO Trout Spey HEAD, RIO Skagit Trout Spey HEAD, RIO InTouch Switch Chucker, RIO Scandi-Short Versitip, RIO Skagit Max, RIO Skagit Max Short, RIO ConnectCore Metered Shooting, RIO ConnectCore Shooting;
Purchase made in Helena so NO SALES TAX