RIO FIPS Euro Nymph Fly Line
Item No.: 6-20174 Size: #2 through #5 (one size fits all) Length: 80′
- RIO’s Extreme Slickness Technology is a chemistry formulation that results in an ultra- slick line with dirt-repelling properties.
- RIO’s Easy ID (laser printed on the line so you’ll never have to guess when the sticker falls off your spool!)
- RIO’s Front Welded Loops A neat, bulletproof loop welded at the front of the fly line for fast rigging to a leader.
- RIO’s Rear Welded Loops A neat, bulletproof loop welded at the end of the fly line for fast rigging to backing.
- RIO’s SureFire triple color marking system (Improves casting accuracy by making it easy to gauge exact distances with a quick glance)- Orange/Sage/Orange (tip/body/rear)
- Works great on Euronymph Rods from 2wt – 5wt
- Made in the USA (Go team, go!)
RIO’s updated Euro Nymph line has been thoroughly vetted and approved by FIPS Mouche as “Compettion Legal”. A system of special marks on the line has been endorsed and approved by FIPS Mouche, ensuring that competitive anglers do not have to waste valuable fishing time by having their line checked during competition hours.
Shop Staff Notes: As the Mayflower brought pilgrims across the pond, so too, new techniques of nymphing have arrived from Europe. (Though Joe Humphries may say otherwise.) Those European nymphing techniques are fun and super effective at catching fish, even when it seems like fish just aren’t eating. It’s essentially a type of tight-line nymphing utilizing specialized rods, lines, leaders and even flies. In many parts of the US, Euronymphing is becoming the most popular way to fish as it lends itself well to certain types of waters and conditions. On the MO it does work great but due it’s size and that we often nymph from a moving boat, you’ll never seem to get away from the bobber. But if you like to wade and fish wishin 1-2 rod lengths away, it’s crazy effective on the MO (as well as the Blackfoot and Smith and all our small streams)! This RIO FIPS Euro Nymph Line makes rigging for European techniques super easy and gives you more distance so you can make effective drifts without a heavy line sagging and dragging your flies. To get a visual understanding of this style of fishing, check out the video we have linked above.
Euronymph Equipment you’ll need:
RODS: Clearwater 103, Recon 103, Helios 3F 103
LINES: RIO FIPS Euro Nymph Line, RIO Nymph Shorty
LEADERS: RIO Euro Nymph Leader, Orvis Tactical Nymph Leader
TIPPET: RIO Two Tone Indicator Tippet, Fluorocarbon Tippet.
FLIES: Jig Style or Heavily Weighted Flies for Point Fly (bottom) and either a weighted fly or standard nymph for the dropper
SMOOTH Fly Lines we carry: Freshwater: Orvis PRO Power Taper Smooth, Orvis PRO Trout Smooth, SA Amplitude Smooth Infinity, SA Mastery MPX, SA Mastery ART, SA Frequency Trout, Orvis Hydros WF Trout, Orvis Hydros Superfine, Orvis Clearwater; RIO InTouch Gold, RIO InTouch Technical Trout, RIO InTouch Perception, RIO InTouch Trout-Steelhead Indicator; RIO FIPS Euro Nymph, RIO Euro Nymph Shorty;
Spey/Switch Lines: RIO Trout Spey LINE, RIO SKAGIT Trout Spey LINE, RIO Trout Spey HEAD, RIO Skagit Trout Spey HEAD, RIO InTouch Switch Chucker, RIO Scandi-Short Versitip, RIO Skagit Max, RIO Skagit Max Short, RIO ConnectCore Metered Shooting, RIO ConnectCore Shooting;
NO Sales Tax -purchase made in Montana!