RIO InTouch Trout LT Taper Floating Fly Line
Available in Double Taper (DT-3-F, DT-4-F, DT-5-F) and Weight Forward (WF-4-F0
- RIO’s Floating, Light Trout Tapers
- Designed specifically for delicate presentations and small flies to technical feeders at range.
- Available in Weight-Forward or Double Taper
- Long Front Taper turns over flies with delicacy and precision
- Specifically designed to turn over long leaders for technical trout (like the MO!)
- RIO’s ConnectCore Technology (ultra-low stretch fly line core means more energy transfer to load your rod for your casting and better hook set, reaction times and feel on fish)
- RIO’s AgentX Line Technology (Traditional, single-layer fly lines have to compromise between function and the need for durability and slickness. AgentX Technology makes the old compromise obsolete by bonding two separate coating layers onto one line. This proprietary process allows RIO line designers to optimize the specific performance of each line. For example, AgentX floating lines can use an inner layer with more buoyant microspheres, while the outer layer is formulated for maximum toughness and shooting ability. AgentX means the best of both worlds in a single fly line.)
- RIO’s MaxCast Line Coating (RIO’s new, ultra-sophisticated line coating redefines floating line performance. Made with a groundbreaking proprietary formula, MaxCast lines float higher, shoot farther, last longer and stay cleaner. The secret? The coating’s advanced hydrophobic chemistry, which actively pushes water away from the line, resulting in radically improved floatation and reduced dirt adhesion. It also allows the line to slip more easily from the surface film for longer, quieter pickups. At the same time, MaxCast’s coating formulation contains a sophisticated blend of permanent slickening agents, and slickening agents that continuously migrate to the line’s exterior for enhanced shooting and durability.)
- RIO’s MaxFloat Tip (Tired of floating lines that work like sink tips? Fact is, the reduced coating at the narrow, tapered end of most floating lines doesn’t have enough buoyancy to stay above water. RIO’s MaxFloat Tips solves this age-old problem. Our all-new, proprietary tip coating formula floats more than twice as high as regular line tips, without any increase in diameter. That puts maximum floatation right where you need it for reduced drag, longer presentations and quieter pickups.)
- RIO’s Easy ID (laser printed on the line so you’ll never have to guess when the sticker falls off your spool!)
- RIO’s Welded Loops front and rear (super strong and super easy to attach leaders and backing)
- RIO’s SureFire triple color marking system (Improves casting accuracy by making it easy to gauge exact distances with a quick glance)- Beige/Gray/Sage (Tip/Head/Running line)
- Made in the USA (Go team, go!)
The RIO InTouch Trout LT stands “Light Touch” and is perfect for light presentations such as dry fly fishing or soft hackle fishing. Don’t let the “Light Touch” name fool you though, this line makes an excellent nymph indicator line. Both the Weight Forward and Double Taper lines make great roll casting or single hand spey lines due to the larger body section placed near the rod tip for maximum control and load. Built with Rio’s ConnectCore which is a low-stretch core for increased sensitivity, hook sets, and line management on the water.
Shop Staff Notes: A very nice, double taper fly line that’s perfect for the technical dry fly game we do on the MO. It will also toss and mend a double nymph rig (that’s not too heavy) and is perfect for the short-leash set up as well. If you mostly fish with the above set ups on your rods and leave the streamer fishing for your 6-weight, than this is a great choice for your next fly line. The same goes with the Weight-Forward fly line in this series. We are offering them here on closeout sale because the new, RIO InTouch Technical Trout fly line is replacing this older series. There’s nothing wrong at all with this fly line, it’s just that RIO, as all line manufacturers do, has to come out with “new and improved” every so often and that’s usually at the expense of another model. That’s the case here.
SMOOTH Fly Lines we carry: Freshwater: Orvis PRO Power Taper Smooth, Orvis PRO Trout Smooth, SA Amplitude Smooth Infinity, SA Mastery MPX, SA Mastery ART, SA Frequency Trout, Orvis Hydros WF Trout, Orvis Hydros Superfine, Orvis Clearwater; RIO InTouch Gold, RIO InTouch Technical Trout, RIO InTouch Perception, RIO InTouch Trout-Steelhead Indicator; RIO FIPS Euro Nymph, RIO Euro Nymph Shorty;
Spey/Switch Lines: RIO Trout Spey LINE, RIO SKAGIT Trout Spey LINE, RIO Trout Spey HEAD, RIO Skagit Trout Spey HEAD, RIO InTouch Switch Chucker, RIO Scandi-Short Versitip, RIO Skagit Max, RIO Skagit Max Short, RIO ConnectCore Metered Shooting, RIO ConnectCore Shooting;