RIO Powerflex Plus Trout Leader
- Premium Nylon Co-polymer leader material
- 20% stronger than regular Powerflex Leader
- Good blend of suppleness and toughness for all around fly fishing use
- High knot strength
- Ideal for: Dry Flies, Soft Hackle Swinging, Nymphs (indicators), Streamers
- Hand tied perfection loop in the butt end for fast rigging
- Three lengths available: 7.5′, 9′, 12′
Powerflex Plus Trout Leaders are the strongest trout leaders ever made, with tensile strengths up to 20% more than regular leaders. A technical modification of the nylon copolymer formulation has resulted in prodigious strength increase, without compromising the knot strength or suppleness. Simply put, these are the strongest, most reliable trout leaders ever made.
This is RIO’s strongest leader and tippet material is called Powerflex Plus. Powerflex Plus utilizes a radical new nylon technology, called VHT Nylon Technology, that results in tensile strengths up to 20% stronger than regular nylon leaders and tippet.
This means you can fish finer tippets with confidence, set the hook like you mean it, and most importantly, land more big fish. Just say no to weak leaders and tippet and step up to Powerflex Plus.
Shop Staff Notes: RIO’s Powerflex Plus leader material is top-notch. (As is all their products!) The tapers are excellent and turn over well and are supple enough for great drifts. We have found this leader material to knot up well with all of RIO’s tippet (Powerflex Plus Tippet, Fluoroflex Plus Tippet) and Orvis’ tippet (SuperStrong Tippet, Mirage Fluorocarbon Tippet).