Orvis Battenkill Disc Fly Reel
Sizes: I, II, III, IV, (V -CLOSEOUT SALE) and IV Spey, V Spey
- New generation of Orvis Battenkill Disc Reels!
- Miid-arbor design
- Classic look but with a modern clutch and drag system
- Technically superior sealed-drag based on the Hydros SL
- Ported jewel finish in Black Nickel
- Battle-tested performance, remarkably accessible price
- In sizes I through IV Original; IV and V Spey
- FREE Shipping on this product -use code: ccfsfreeship
There has been a long and historically successful line of Battenkill fly reels through Orvis history. Simple, trouble free, and easily accessible in price-the ultimate in function and simplicity throughout the years. Welcome to the powerful, technologically advanced, and yet still accessible new generation of Battenkill reels. This latest Battenkill Disc version is true to its heritage in looks and performance, but updated with the latest in design improvements and a significantly more powerful drag. The porting and finish pay unmistakable homage to the Battenkills of the past, but this reel incorporates our best-selling mid-arbor design. Underneath that mid arbor is the same sealed drag system found in the Hydros SL incorporating six interacting carbon and stainless drag surfaces. Positive click drag is simple and easy to adjust. The reel is built of 6061-T6 aircraft aluminum with an ergonomic Delrin handle and changing from left to right hand retrieve is simple. In Black Nickel.
- Battenkill Disc I for line weights 1-3, 4.4 oz., 2¾” diameter
- Battenkill Disc II for line weights 3-5, 4.6 oz., 3″ diameter
- Battenkill Disc III for line weights 5-7, 4.9 oz., 3¼” diameter
- Battenkill Disc IV for line weights 7-9, 5.9 oz., 3½” diameter
- Battenkill Disc IV SPEY for line weights 7-9, 8.9 oz., 3¾” diameter
- Battenkill Disc V SPEY for line weights 9-11, 9.9 oz., 4″ diameter
- BACKING Capacity -see photos for Charts
Shop Staff Notes: This new Battenkill Disc Reel came out in early 2017 and we knew it would be a hit -and it was! Super solid drag system, great looks, a mid-arbor design and a price tag that just can’t be beat. We field tested the V Spey up in British Columbia for late season (November) Steelhead a couple years ago it did great. No problems with it in the cold and wet weather and drag system handled every hard run those wild fish made. We also earned style points because the reel look so good on a Spey Rod! Weather you are looking to fit a reel into a tighter budget or just like the looks of a tradition reel, than this is your winner.
SALE- As of 1/2022, we have ONE size V, standard reel left in stock. Orvis has discontinued this size but w still have one left! This still a great reel for Spey in line weights 5 to 7 weights -much lighter in physical weight than the Spey version. It’s also perfect reel for Big Game / Saltwater in line weights 7 through 10. (FYI- Free shipping does NOT apply to SALE items.)
FREE Shipping on this product -use code: ccfsfreeship
There are no reviews yet.