WOMEN’S Orvis Ultralight Wading Wading Boot
Item Number: 2J2S-09-
- Offers exceptional performance and durability without the bulk and weight of a conventional boot
- Quick-drying Clarino™ microfiber provides a better strength-to-weight ratio than traditional leather
- Mini ripstop inserts provide added durability without the weight
- Abrasion-resistant rubber spray adds an additional layer of protection in high wear zones
- Tightly woven laces improve abrasion resistance
- Custom Vibram® EVA midsole for all-day comfort
- TPU plate for improved stud retention
- Dual durometer Vibram® outsole featuring the proprietary Orvis lug pattern gives solid traction in wet and dry conditions.
- Proprietary Orvis lug pattern for the ultimate in traction
- Designed to accept metal studs in strategic locations if needed
- Approx weight 38oz/pair (size 8W)
Built and sized for women as an integrated part of the Orvis Ultralight Wading System, the Women’s Ultralight Wading Boot offers exceptional performance and durability without the bulk and weight of a conventional boot. Helps eliminate the need to leave essential gear or clothing at home because of airline weight restrictions, and significantly reduces the energy expended in walking and wading. In cobblestone/dragonfly. Nylon microfiber with PU coating. Polyester mesh. Imported. In women’s whole sizes 6-11.
Here’s a short video clip of our friend, Jim Kershaw, Orvis Product Design Specialist, going over the features and benefits of the Orvis Ultralight Wading Boot for Men and Women.
This boot is also offered in Men’s sizing as well – Men’s Ultra Light Wading Boot.
PosiGrip Screw-In Studs: Aggressive tungsten-carbide tipped screw-in studs that can be added to any wading boot with at least ½” of mid-sole depth. Sharp tip allows for quick and easy installation into felt or rubber out-soles. A must where maximum traction is needed. ¼” hex head screws. Adapter for power drill included. 20 studs per pack. Made in USA.
Shop Staff Notes: The Orvis Women’s Ultralight Wading Boot is a super comfy boot that’s perfect for wet wading with a neoprene bootie (or just some thick socks) or with a pair of waders. It was designed to pair up perfectly with the Orvis Ultralight Convertible Waders which makes for a great late Spring through early Fall or travel wader set up. We find these boots fit slightly lower volume than other boots so if you want to make them your all year pair (meaning, you’ll be wearing thick socks in the late Fall through early Spring), then I would bump up 1 size. The sole material and design offer ver good traction both in the water and out of the water and will last longer than other rubber soles due to the dual durometer design. (The ouster edges are a more durable rubber compound with the rubber in the center being the more sticky rubber.) These boots are not as tall as most so if you’re looking for a boot with more ankle support, then check out other boots like the awesome Orvis Women’s PRO Wading Boot or the Korkers Women’s Darkhorse or Korkers Buckskin Mary. But if you want a boot the will feel like your favorite pair of light hiking boots from day one, then the Orvis Ultralight Wading Boot is an excellent choice.
Even when you use non-felt soles, you need to be aware of Aquatic Nuisance Species (ANS) aka Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS). Please INSPECT. CLEAN, DRY all your wading gear. Here are some resources about ANS: MT FWP AIS, ANS Task Force, USDA AIS, Whirling Disease Info from TU. Clean Angling.
FREE Shipping!! -use coupon code: ccfsfreeship
Purchase made in Montana so NO SALES TAX
There are no reviews yet.