RIO InTouch Xtreme Indicator Weight-Forward Floating Fly Line
- RIO’s Weight-Forward “Xtreme Indicator” Taper (The ultimate fly line for indicator nymph fishing -especially from a boat.)
- RIO’s ConnectCore Technology (ultra-low stretch fly line core means more energy transfer to load your rod for your casting and better hook set, reaction times and feel on fish)
- RIO’s AgentX Line Technology (Traditional, single-layer fly lines have to compromise between function and the need for durability and slickness. AgentX Technology makes the old compromise obsolete by bonding two separate coating layers onto one line. This proprietary process allows RIO line designers to optimize the specific performance of each line. For example, AgentX floating lines can use an inner layer with more buoyant microspheres, while the outer layer is formulated for maximum toughness and shooting ability. AgentX means the best of both worlds in a single fly line.)
- RIO’s MaxCast Line Coating (RIO’s new, ultra-sophisticated line coating redefines floating line performance. Made with a groundbreaking proprietary formula, MaxCast lines float higher, shoot farther, last longer and stay cleaner. The secret? The coating’s advanced hydrophobic chemistry, which actively pushes water away from the line, resulting in radically improved floatation and reduced dirt adhesion. It also allows the line to slip more easily from the surface film for longer, quieter pickups. At the same time, MaxCast’s coating formulation contains a sophisticated blend of permanent slickening agents, and slickening agents that continuously migrate to the line’s exterior for enhanced shooting and durability.)
- RIO’s MaxFloat Tip (Tired of floating lines that work like sink tips? Fact is, the reduced coating at the narrow, tapered end of most floating lines doesn’t have enough buoyancy to stay above water. RIO’s MaxFloat Tips solves this age-old problem. Our all-new, proprietary tip coating formula floats more than twice as high as regular line tips, without any increase in diameter. That puts maximum floatation right where you need it for reduced drag, longer presentations and quieter pickups.)
- RIO’s Easy ID (laser printed on the line so you’ll never have to guess when the sticker falls off your spool!)
- RIO’s Welded Loops front and rear (super strong and super easy to attach leaders and backing)
- RIO’s SureFire triple color marking system (Improves casting accuracy by making it easy to gauge exact distances with a quick glance)- Orange/Moss/Yellow (front-9’/head/running line)
- Made in the USA (Go team, go!)
The RIO InTouch Xtreme Indicator line has been designed to be a very effective tool for anglers that fish nymphs and indicators out of a boat. The short head has a powerful front taper that casts indicator rigs with ease, and loads up with a single cast. Built with RIO’s ultra-low stretch ConnectCore Technology, the line allows for intuitively better cast timing, easier line lifts and sharp, precise mends. Lack of stretch also means faster reaction time when setting the hook.Short, easy casting head to easily throw large indicators and flies.
Shop Staff Notes: Let’s face it, we do a LOT of nymphing on the MO and many other rivers. It’s just so effective -especially from a boat. This line (as well as the new, InTouch Trout-Steelhead Indicator Line) is fine tuned to make that task super easy. It does just fine throwing dries and even streamers so it’s not like this line is completely uni-dimentional. Many Guides love this line because the ultra high floating tip prevents that annoying line sink that can make mending and setting the hook nearly impossible and the taper will allow for the weakest of casters to turn over a double nymph rig. ConnectCore is a legit technology! You can feel the rod load more on longer casts and you sure can notice it when fighting fish (or pulling your fly out from a snag!). This line works so well with our CCFS Thingamabobber Nymph Rig and Air-Lock Strike Indicators.
SMOOTH Fly Lines we carry: Freshwater: Orvis PRO Power Taper Smooth, Orvis PRO Trout Smooth, SA Amplitude Smooth Infinity, SA Mastery MPX, SA Mastery ART, SA Frequency Trout, Orvis Hydros WF Trout, Orvis Hydros Superfine, Orvis Clearwater; RIO InTouch Gold, RIO InTouch Technical Trout, RIO InTouch Perception, RIO InTouch Trout-Steel Indicator;
Big Game/Saltwater/Tropical: SA Amplitude Smooth Titan Long, SA Amplitude Smooth Grand Slam, SA Amplitude Smooth Infinity Salt, SA Mastery Redfish Cold, Orvis Hydros Saltwater All Rounder;
Spey/Switch Lines: RIO Trout Spey LINE, RIO SKAGIT Trout Spey LINE, RIO Trout Spey HEAD, RIO Skagit Trout Spey HEAD, RIO InTouch Switch Chucker, RIO Scandi-Short Versitip, RIO Skagit Max, RIO Skagit Max Short, RIO ConnectCore Metered Shooting, RIO ConnectCore Shooting;
Fly Lines on CLEARANCE SALE: Orvis Hydros HD Trout, Orvis Hydros HD Power Taper, Orvis Hydros HD Easy Mend, Orvis Hydros HD Bank Shot, SA Wavelength MPX, SA Wavelength Trout, SA Siege; Big Game/Saltwater/Tropical Lines: RIO Tropical Outbound Short Floating, RIO Tropical Outbound Short Sink Tip; Spey/Switch Lines: Orvis Hydros HD Switch Line,
NO Sales Tax -purchase made in Montana!