Scientific Anglers Amplitude TEXTURED Infinity Fly Line
Weight-Forward Floating Fly Line
- Features the revolutionary AST Plus slickness additive for superior shooting ability and increased durability
- Extremely versatile general-purpose taper designed for most freshwater species; an excellent fly line for trout, grayling, panfish, bass, carp, steelhead, salmon, and pike
- Extended head length for long-distance casts and superior mending ability
- An excellent general presentation line
- Excellent for dry flies, nymphs, and streamers
- Made a half-size heavy to load fast-action rods, but works well with a variety of rod actions
- Triple Textured line (tip, shooting, handling/reference area)
- Floating Texture on the tip section for the ultimate in flotation
- Shooting Texture running line delivers longer casts
- Tactile Reference Point is a smooth section at the back of the head
- Improved Dry Tip technology for ultra floating tip section
- For use in moderate and cold climates
- Braided multifilament core
- Tri-color coding on line – Tip / Head / Running Line
- Enhanced Welded Loops for strong, easy connection of leaders, tips and backing
- SA ID – SA AMPLITUDE MPX WF- X -F (X = line weight)
- 90′ Total length. (Head lengths vary depending on line size)
- Made in the USA (Go team, go!)
- FREE Shipping in the US! (must use promo code: ccfsfreeship)
The Scientific Anglers Amplitude Textured series is the first series of fly lines to feature the revolutionary AST PLUS slickness additive along with friction reducing textured surfaces. These lines will shoot farther and last longer than any other line on the market. It’s slickness down to a science.
The conventional wisdom in fly fishing is that there’s no such thing as a “do it all” freshwater line. We have something to say about that. The Amplitude Textured Infinity has the power to bomb out streamers, yet retains delicacy for dry flies. It mends like an absolute dream, and delivers flies at all distances. Built a half-size heavy, with a long head and substantial front taper, it’s perfect for everything from trout and panfish to pike and steelhead. There’s a reason we call it the Infinity: there is no end to what you’ll be able to do with it.
Here’s a short video on Vimeo featuring our friend, Hillary Hutchinson, explaining and showing you the benefits of this awesome fly line taper in the Smooth version: Amplitude Smooth Infinity.
Shop Staff Notes: We had this awesome Infinity Taper in the Amplitude SMOOTH in 2018 and we thought it was an excellent fly line. Now SA makes this super versatile taper in the Amplitude TEXTURED series! Yeah!! We all love textured fly line and after having fished this new SA Amplitude Textured Infinity fly line, it’s becoming our favorite line -even beating out the Amplitude MPX! It just keeps getting better from the SA peeps!
Info on SA Technologies:
–AST Plus: A new formulation of our patented dry-slick technology provides continual line slickness over the lifetime of the line. Up to 50% slicker than the original AST and 200% more durable than the competition. Fly lines with AST Plus cast farther, float higher, and stay cleaner than any other lines ever built.
–Improved Dry Tip: Utilizing a unique blend of microballoons, we have developed a fly-line tip section that floats twice as high as a standard line. The tip section will be floating higher with our Dry Tip Technology, which means less drag from the front of the line and more positive hook-ups.
–Floating Texture: Featuring microreplication technology, the SA Floating Texture is a radical modification of typically smooth-surfaced fly lines. Its microtextured surface traps air to provide superior shootability and flotation while eliminating line flash and vastly reducing friction. Lines sit higher in the water, offering less drag and water spray, as well as easier mending, roll casting, and pick-ups.
–Shooting Texture: The Scientific Anglers Shooting Texture features precisely replicated hemispherical divots, similar to those found on a golf ball’s surface. This evolution of our texturing technology has less texture on its surface so it feels like a traditional fly line but performs with the benefits of texturing. The result is a line that lasts longer, floats higher, casts easier, and, most importantly, fishes better.
–Tactile Reference Point: The Tactile Reference Point is a non embossed section of line where the end of the head meets the running line. This allows you to feel—and hear—the transition from our textured technologies.
–Welded Loops: Exceptionally slick and strong, our Welded Loops produce smoother casts and easier turnover with a seamless fly-line-to-loop transition, making for softer landings and cleaner pickups. The sleek design also maintains buoyancy for improved fly-line flotation and enables quicker connections between fly line and leaders or Versileaders, or fly line and backing.
-SA ID: Meet the Scientific Anglers Line Identification System. SA•ID is an innovative line-marking system allowing you to identify your lines at a glance. Wonder if a shooting head is 200 grain or a 300 or is that the Mirage LT Reel with the 5 weight or 6 weight line? Just look at the SA•ID. The SA•ID can be found on the first 1-2 feet of the tip section of your line.
SMOOTH Fly Lines we carry: Freshwater: Orvis PRO Power Taper Smooth, Orvis PRO Trout Smooth, SA Amplitude Smooth Infinity, SA Mastery MPX, SA Mastery ART, SA Frequency Trout, Orvis Hydros WF Trout, Orvis Hydros Superfine, Orvis Clearwater; RIO InTouch Gold, RIO InTouch Technical Trout, RIO InTouch Perception, RIO InTouch Trout-Steelhead Indicator; RIO FIPS Euro Nymph, RIO Euro Nymph Shorty;
Spey/Switch Lines: RIO Trout Spey LINE, RIO SKAGIT Trout Spey LINE, RIO Trout Spey HEAD, RIO Skagit Trout Spey HEAD, RIO InTouch Switch Chucker, RIO Scandi-Short Versitip, RIO Skagit Max, RIO Skagit Max Short, RIO ConnectCore Metered Shooting, RIO ConnectCore Shooting;
FREE Shipping on this product -use code: ccfsfreeship
Purchase made in Montana so NO SALES TAX