RIO Elite Perception Weight-Forward Floating Fly Line
- RIO’s Weight-Forward “Perception” Taper (Excellent, all around, quick-loading trout taper -see profile graphic in product gallery.)
- RIO’s SlickCast Line Coating (RIO’s SlickCast creates the slickest, most durable coating on the market – producing the least amount of friction ever measured on a fly line. What does slick get you? For starters, line flies through the guides with higher line speeds for unprecedented and easy distance. The slick coating also allows anglers to fish more effectively as line slides out of the guides with less friction for extended drag-free drifts. Additionally, SlickCast continuously releases essential slickening agents that migrate to the line’s surface. This ensures that the line remains as slick as the day it was made – giving anglers many years of high performance and easy distance. As for durability, SlickCast’s proprietary formulation produces the toughest and most durable fly line coating in the world. Lab tests show that a line built with SlickCast lasts 140% longer than our nearest competitor in abrasion testing and lasts 33% longer when testing a fly line for cracking – that is one tough fly line!
- RIO’s ConnectCore PLUS Technology (RIO’s next-generation, low-stretch core provides a radical increase in line durability, smoothness and performance. The highest-performing, longest-lasting freshwater lines in the world are built around ConnectCore Plus.)
- RIO’s MaxFloat Tip (Tired of floating lines that work like sink tips? Fact is, the reduced coating at the narrow, tapered end of most floating lines doesn’t have enough buoyancy to stay above water. RIO’s MaxFloat Tips solves this age-old problem. Our all-new, proprietary tip coating formula floats more than twice as high as regular line tips, without any increase in diameter. That puts maximum floatation right where you need it for reduced drag, longer presentations and quieter pickups.)
- RIO’s Easy ID (laser printed on the line so you’ll never have to guess when the sticker falls off your spool!)
- RIO’s Welded Loops front and rear (super strong and super easy to attach leaders and backing)
- RIO’s SureFire triple color marking system (Improves casting accuracy by making it easy to gauge exact distances with a quick glance)- Green/Camo/Gray (front-half head/back-half head/running line)
- Made in the USA (Go team, go!)
The Elite RIO Perception is an easy casting, general purpose fly line that casts nymphs, dry flies, streamers and soft hackles with ease. The short head makes this a particularly good line on smaller rivers and lakes when long distance line control is not necessary.
The RIO Perception is the best all-around fly line on smaller rivers and lakes.
Shop Staff Notes: This new RIO Elite Perception Fly Line is super, uber slick -approaching the performance of textured line without the noise! The ConnectCore Plus appears to have solved the de-laming issue that some people experienced with the original lines (though, none of our Staff had this occur). The Elite series of lines are by far the best fly line RIO has ever produced! The Perception taper is great for small to medium rivers and works just fine on big rivers like the MO when you’re not having to mend your fly line out at distance. The shorter head (35′-37) makes for an easy casting line and the compound front taper lays out almost any fly with precision and delicacy but with enough punch to turn over a Chubby in the breeze. ConnectCore Plus is a legit technology! You can feel the rod load more on longer casts and you sure can notice it when fighting fish (or pulling your fly out from a snag!).
SMOOTH Fly Lines we carry: Freshwater: Orvis PRO Power Taper Smooth, Orvis PRO Trout Smooth, SA Amplitude Smooth Infinity, SA Mastery MPX, SA Mastery ART, SA Frequency Trout, Orvis Hydros WF Trout, Orvis Hydros Superfine, Orvis Clearwater; RIO Elite Gold, RIO Elite Perception, RIO InTouch Technical Trout, RIO InTouch Trout-Steelhead Indicator; RIO Gold, RIO FIPS Euro Nymph, RIO Euro Nymph Shorty;
Big Game/Saltwater/Tropical: SA Amplitude Smooth Titan Long, SA Amplitude Smooth Grand Slam, SA Amplitude Smooth Infinity Salt, SA Mastery Redfish Cold, Orvis Hydros Saltwater All Rounder;
Spey/Switch Lines: RIO Trout Spey LINE, RIO SKAGIT Trout Spey LINE, RIO Trout Spey HEAD, RIO Skagit Trout Spey HEAD, RIO InTouch Switch Chucker, RIO Scandi-Short Versitip, RIO Skagit Max, RIO Skagit Max Short, RIO ConnectCore Metered Shooting, RIO ConnectCore Shooting;
NO Sales Tax –purchased made in Montana!