RIO Scandi-Short Versitp Fly Line (Shooting Head Spey Fly Line KIT)
- Shorter, more powerful version of RIO’s Scandinavian Shooting Head (Think, Scandi grace with Skagit power.)
- Kit comes with the easy casting Scandi-Short Body and 4, 10′ Tips (Floating, Intermediate, Type 3, Type 6) in a RIO Regular Shooting Head Wallet.
- RIO’s ConnectCore Technology (ultra-low stretch fly line core means more energy transfer to load your rod for your casting and better hook set, reaction times and feel on fish)
- RIO’s Xtreme Slickness Line Technology (Every fly fisherman is looking for a slicker line, and for good reason. Slicker line means longer casts, which is something all anglers strive to achieve. XS Technology is the latest development from RIO’s lab coats that focuses on creating an ultra slick line, with dirt-repelling tendencies.)
- RIO’s Easy ID (laser printed on all the lines and tips -know exactly what grain weight and sink rate)
- RIO’s Welded Loops front and rear (super strong and super easy to attach heads, tips, leaders and shooting lines)
- RIO’s SureFire color marking system (makes rigging and casting super simple)- Straw/Orange (Head Body/Rear Loop)
- Made in the USA (Go team, go!)
- FREE Shipping on this product -use code: ccfsfreeship
RIO Scandi-Short Versitip Fly Line is a highly versatile, interchangeable tip Scandi style shooting head, that allows anglers to change tips quickly and easily as fishing conditions change. It is ideal for the travelling angler, so that they can travel light, yet be prepared for any condition.The package includes a 23ft floating Scandi body and four, 10ft long interchangeable tips, making a total head length of 33ft. The included tips in each package are floating, intermediate, type 3 and type 6 DC sink.
The package does not include a shooting line, so anglers will need to purchase a shooting line before this can be used. We recommend using RIO ConnectCore Metered Shooting Line or RIO ConnectCore Shooting Line or Powerflex Max Shooting Line.
Here’s a some short, informative videos on Vimeo featuring our friend and Spey guru, Simon Gawesworth, explaining all about some of the RIO Spey products we carry: RIO Products’ Scandi Short VersiTip for Fly Fishing. RIO’s Upcoming 2019 Trout Spey and Skagit Trout Spey Lines. RIO’s InTouch Trout Spey Lines and Heads. RIO ConnectCore Metered Shooting Line.
Shop Staff Notes: This is our most popular line for all around Switch and shorter Spey Rods -both trout spey and steelhead. The RIO Scandi-Short Versitip Fly Line is a kit so you have just about everything you need to swing streamers at all different depths. You can fish from surface or in the film down to several feet deep -just by quickly and simply changing the tips that come with this kit. This is one of our top choices for trout spey because it cast great and is simple and effective. ConnectCore is a legit technology! You can feel the rod load more on longer casts and you sure can notice it when fighting fish (or pulling your fly out from a snag!).
Shop Staff Line Recommendation Notes: If you are newer to Spey Casting or often throw heavier streamers or just like to feel the rod load deeper, then we recommend going with a line size that is one up from your rod. i.e.- If you are fishing the Clearwater 13’4″ 3-weight Trout Spey Rod, choose the 4wt (275gr) Head. Most rods will cast the designated line size just fine but more often than not, when we have our customers try one line size up from the rod, they much prefer that set up. If you purchase the line from us and you think it just doesn’t work for your rod, please send it back and we will exchange it or refund you the purchase price (less shipping). Matching Spey lines to rods can be tricky so we want to make sure you get the proper line for YOU and your rod. We highly recommend attending one of our Free Spey Casting Clinics to learn more about this stuff and to actually try out a lot of this gear.
TEXTURED Fly Lines we carry: Freshwater: Orvis PRO Power Taper Textured, Orvis PRO Trout Textured; SA Amplitude Textured Infinity, SA Amplitude MPX Fly Line, SA Amplitude Trout; Airflo Superflo Universal, Airflo Superflo Power Taper, Airflo Superflo Tactical Taper;
SMOOTH Fly Lines we carry: Freshwater: Orvis PRO Power Taper Smooth, Orvis PRO Trout Smooth, SA Amplitude Smooth Infinity, SA Mastery MPX, SA Mastery ART, SA Frequency Trout, Orvis Hydros WF Trout, Orvis Hydros Superfine, Orvis Clearwater; RIO Elite Gold, RIO Elite Perception, RIO InTouch Technical Trout, RIO InTouch Trout-Steelhead Indicator; RIO Gold, RIO FIPS Euro Nymph, RIO Euro Nymph Shorty;
Big Game/Saltwater/Tropical: SA Amplitude Smooth Titan Long, SA Amplitude Smooth Grand Slam, SA Amplitude Smooth Infinity Salt, SA Mastery Redfish Cold, Orvis Hydros Saltwater All Rounder;
Spey/Switch Lines: Orvis Mission Skagit Head, Orvis Mission Scandi Head; RIO Trout Spey LINE, RIO SKAGIT Trout Spey LINE, RIO Trout Spey HEAD, RIO Skagit Trout Spey HEAD, RIO InTouch Switch Chucker, RIO Scandi-Short Versitip, RIO Skagit Max, RIO Skagit Max Short, RIO ConnectCore Metered Shooting, RIO ConnectCore Shooting; Airflo Ridge Extreme Running Line; Orvis Mission Shooting Line; Orvis Mission Tips;
FREE Shipping on this product -use code: ccfsfreeship
There are no reviews yet.