Orvis Hydros Trout Weight-Forward Floating Fly Line
Item Number: 2ZJ1-21-
Size: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- Orvis’ most versatile Floating fly line for all-around trout fishing
- Orvis Weight Forward “Trout” Taper (great all around taper -see profile graphic in product gallery)
- Two-color line with color change 30′ from front tip of line (Light Olive Head/Peach Rear)
- Braided multifilament core for cold to moderate water temps
- Orvis Line ID (laser printed on the line so you’ll never have to guess when the sticker falls off your spool!)
- Smooth AST Slickness (additive is integrated throughout the PVC layer to provide lubrication for maximum distance, performance and durability.)
- Dual, Enhanced Welded Loops on the front and back end (New sleek and durable welded loops makes backing and leader attachment quick and easy while holding up to repeated use. Helps to transfer energy more efficiently to the leader allowing better turnover.)
- 90′ Long
- Line weights 3-8
- Made in the USA (Go team, go!)
Orvis Hydros Trout is our most versatile trout line in the Hydros Fly Line Series. The smooth weight-forward taper is designed to handle all of the demands of trout fishing, from throwing dry flies to multi-nymph rigs, and streamer fishing. The long head makes casting and loop stability easier and makes for better mending. AST Slickness, a patented dry-slick technology, provides continual line slickness and easily sheds dirt, algae, and other parasitic drag particles to stay cleaner than traditional lines. Two-color line with color change 30′ from front tip of line. Dual welded loops for easy, seamless connection to backing and leader. Orvis Line ID for quick and easy line identification. Braided multifilament core for cold to moderate water temps. Light olive front. Peach rear. 45′ head. 90′ total length. Line weights 3-8. Made in USA.
Shop Staff Notes: This is a great fly line for a smooth line (non-textured line like the Orvis PRO Textured lines or SA Amplitude lines). Great value in this line as it’s still under $80 but gives you lots of technologies that improve it’s performance on the water and durability. We sell more textured line these days but this line along with RIO’s smooth lines (like Gold and Technical Trout) are still VERY popular for us.
TEXTURED Fly Lines we carry: Freshwater: Orvis PRO Power Taper Textured, Orvis PRO Trout Textured; SA Amplitude Textured Infinity, SA Amplitude MPX Fly Line, SA Amplitude Trout; Airflo Superflo Universal, Airflo Superflo Power Taper, Airflo Superflo Tactical Taper;
SMOOTH Fly Lines we carry: Freshwater: Orvis PRO Power Taper Smooth, Orvis PRO Trout Smooth, SA Amplitude Smooth Infinity, SA Mastery MPX, SA Mastery ART, SA Frequency Trout, Orvis Hydros WF Trout, Orvis Hydros Superfine, Orvis Clearwater; RIO Elite Gold, RIO Elite Perception, RIO InTouch Technical Trout, RIO InTouch Trout-Steelhead Indicator; RIO Gold, RIO FIPS Euro Nymph, RIO Euro Nymph Shorty;
Big Game/Saltwater/Tropical: SA Amplitude Smooth Titan Long, SA Amplitude Smooth Grand Slam, SA Amplitude Smooth Infinity Salt, SA Mastery Redfish Cold, Orvis Hydros Saltwater All Rounder;
Spey/Switch Lines: RIO Trout Spey LINE, RIO SKAGIT Trout Spey LINE, RIO Trout Spey HEAD, RIO Skagit Trout Spey HEAD, RIO InTouch Switch Chucker, RIO Scandi-Short Versitip, RIO Skagit Max, RIO Skagit Max Short, RIO ConnectCore Metered Shooting, RIO ConnectCore Shooting; Airflo Ridge Extreme Running Line;
FREE SHIPPING! -use coupon code: ccfsfreeship
NO Sales Tax purchase is made in Montana!