RIO Elite Gold Weight-Forward Floating Fly Line
- RIO’s Weight-Forward “Gold” Taper (Excellent, all around taper -see profile graphic in product gallery. Helps your in casting, fly delivery presentation and mending. Designed to cast flies between #22 and #2.)
- RIO’s SlickCast Line Coating (RIO’s SlickCast creates the slickest, most durable coating on the market – producing the least amount of friction ever measured on a fly line. What does slick get you? For starters, line flies through the guides with higher line speeds for unprecedented and easy distance. The slick coating also allows anglers to fish more effectively as line slides out of the guides with less friction for extended drag-free drifts. Additionally, SlickCast continuously releases essential slickening agents that migrate to the line’s surface. This ensures that the line remains as slick as the day it was made – giving anglers many years of high performance and easy distance. As for durability, SlickCast’s proprietary formulation produces the toughest and most durable fly line coating in the world. Lab tests show that a line built with SlickCast lasts 140% longer than our nearest competitor in abrasion testing and lasts 33% longer when testing a fly line for cracking – that is one tough fly line!
- RIO’s ConnectCore PLUS Technology (RIO’s next-generation, low-stretch core provides a radical increase in line durability, smoothness and performance. The highest-performing, longest-lasting freshwater lines in the world are built around ConnectCore Plus.)
- RIO’s MaxFloat Tip (Tired of floating lines that work like sink tips? Fact is, the reduced coating at the narrow, tapered end of most floating lines doesn’t have enough buoyancy to stay above water. RIO’s MaxFloat Tips solves this age-old problem. Our all-new, proprietary tip coating formula floats more than twice as high as regular line tips, without any increase in diameter. That puts maximum floatation right where you need it for reduced drag, longer presentations and quieter pickups.)
- RIO’s Easy ID (laser printed on the line so you’ll never have to guess when the sticker falls off your spool!)
- RIO’s Welded Loops front and rear (super strong and super easy to attach leaders and backing)
- RIO’s SureFire triple color marking system (Improves casting accuracy by making it easy to gauge exact distances with a quick glance)- Moss/Gold/Grey (front-half head/back-half head/running line)
- Made in the USA (Go team, go!)
- FREE Shipping on this product -use code: ccfsfreeship
The Elite RIO Gold has a taper design that gives incredible loop stability at distance and a front taper that delivers perfect presentation of flies between sizes #2 and #22. With a long head and back taper this line is an excellent all around fly line on rivers and lakes when long casts and complete line control are required.
This line is built with RIO’s low-stretch ConnectCore Plus, resulting in exceptionally smooth, durable fly lines, with the added benefits of incredible levels of sensitivity when casting and fishing, and providing enhanced detection of takes, faster hook sets, and far greater control when playing a fish. In addition, this line is built with SlickCast, RIO’s proprietary coating technology, creating the slickest, most durable fly lines on the market. Lab tests show that lines built with SlickCast have the least amount of friction ever measured in a fly line.
The RIO Gold is the ultimate all round, floating line for the trout fly fisher.
Shop Staff Notes: RIO just made our best selling line from them even better! Super, uber slick -approaching the performance of textured line without the noise! The ConnectCore Plus appears to have solved the de-laming issue that some people experienced with the original lines (though, none of our Staff had this occur). This new Elite Gold is by far the best line RIO has ever made and you can’t go wrong getting this line for your fly rod. Gold is a great all-around taper and works super good here on the MO with our longer casts and longer mending needs. ConnectCore Plus is a legit technology! You can feel the rod load more on longer casts and you sure can notice it when fighting fish (or pulling your fly out from a snag!).
SMOOTH Fly Lines we carry: Freshwater: Orvis PRO Power Taper Smooth, Orvis PRO Trout Smooth, SA Amplitude Smooth Infinity, SA Mastery MPX, SA Mastery ART, SA Frequency Trout, Orvis Hydros WF Trout, Orvis Hydros Superfine, Orvis Clearwater; RIO Elite Gold, RIO Elite Perception, RIO InTouch Technical Trout, RIO InTouch Trout-Steelhead Indicator; RIO Gold, RIO FIPS Euro Nymph, RIO Euro Nymph Shorty;
Big Game/Saltwater/Tropical: SA Amplitude Smooth Titan Long, SA Amplitude Smooth Grand Slam, SA Amplitude Smooth Infinity Salt, SA Mastery Redfish Cold, Orvis Hydros Saltwater All Rounder;
Spey/Switch Lines: RIO Trout Spey LINE, RIO SKAGIT Trout Spey LINE, RIO Trout Spey HEAD, RIO Skagit Trout Spey HEAD, RIO InTouch Switch Chucker, RIO Scandi-Short Versitip, RIO Skagit Max, RIO Skagit Max Short, RIO ConnectCore Metered Shooting, RIO ConnectCore Shooting;
FREE Shipping on this product -use code: ccfsfreeship