RIO SKAGIT Max Shooting HEAD
Series Lengths Available: Skagit Max SHORT (20′ Head) or Skagit Max (23′-24′ Head)
Line Sizes Available: 325gr (4wt), 450gr (6/7wt), 475gr (7wt), 500gr (7wt), 525gr (7/8wt), 550gr (7/8wt), 575gr (8wt), 600gr (8/9wt)
- RIO’s Skagit Max Heads are the easiest casting, most powerful shooting head fly lines for two-handed rods you can fish.
- Fully Floating fly line shooting head
- Subtle Taper for easy loops and long distances
- Use the Skagit Max Short for Switch Rods (under 12′ long)
- Use the Skagit Max for Spey Rods (12′ to 13.5′)
- Works perfectly with MOW Tips (must use tips with these shooting heads)
- RIO’s ConnectCore Technology (ultra-low stretch fly line core means more energy transfer to load your rod for your casting and better hook set, reaction times and feel on fish)
- RIO’s Xtreme Slickness Line Technology (Every fly fisherman is looking for a slicker line, and for good reason. Slicker line means longer casts, which is something all anglers strive to achieve. XS Technology is the latest development from RIO’s lab coats that focuses on creating an ultra slick line, with dirt-repelling tendencies.)
- RIO’s Easy ID (laser printed on the line so you’ll never have to guess when the sticker falls off your spool!)
- RIO’s Welded Loops front and rear (super strong and super easy to attach Shooting Lines and Tips)
- RIO’s DuoColor marking system -Teal Line w/ Bright Orange rear (Head/Load Zone/running line)Made in the USA (Go team, go!)
RIO Skagit Max heads cast large flies and the fastest of sinking tips with exceptional ease. The unique weight distribution deeply loads rods for long, powerful casts, while the subtle taper design generates smooth, easy loops and long, long distances. All Skagit heads are built on an ultra-low stretch core for the maximum in casting and fishing sensitivity.
For best performance, RIO recommends attaching the following head sizes to these shooting lines sizes:
200 to 400 gr – .024”/.026” Metered Shooting Line, or 25lb SlickShooter/GripShooter.
400 to 550 gr – .030”/.032” Metered Shooting Line, or 35lb SlickShooter/GripShooter.
550 to 675 gr – .035”/.037” Metered Shooting Line, or 44lb SlickShooter/GripShooter.
675 gr and heavier – .040”/.042” Metered Shooting Line, or 50lb SlickShooter/GripShooter.
Shop Staff Notes: This is our most popular style of line we sell for two-handed rods. It’s what we use mostly for out Steelhead Spey fishing and often use for Trout Spey. These Skagit Heads are super powerful and will pick up and launch the heaviest of tips and big Intruder flies with east and send them down and across! Skagit Heads are also the easiest lines to cast because of their compact size make it easy to set your anchor after Stage 1 and your casting stroke is very compact. However, these are not the lines to fish if delicacy is your main goal. These are like throwing a baseball attached to dental floss and have the subtlety of an elephant fart! Not for skating dries or fishing small flies damp or wet. This is the type of fly line to use when you just want to swing a fly at moderate to deep depths -which is a lot of what we do for Steelhead and swinging streamers on the MO. If you want a line for more delicate presentations and/or smaller flies, check out the RIO Scadi-Short Versitip.
TEXTURED Fly Lines we carry: Freshwater: Orvis PRO Power Taper Textured, Orvis PRO Trout Textured; SA Amplitude MPX Fly Line, SA Amplitude Textured Infinity, SA Amplitude Trout;
SMOOTH Fly Lines we carry: Freshwater: Orvis PRO Power Taper Smooth, Orvis PRO Trout Smooth, SA Amplitude Smooth Infinity, SA Mastery MPX, SA Mastery ART, SA Frequency Trout, Orvis Hydros WF Trout, Orvis Hydros Superfine, Orvis Clearwater; RIO InTouch Gold, RIO InTouch Technical Trout, RIO InTouch Perception, RIO InTouch Trout-Steelhead Indicator; RIO FIPS Euro Nymph, RIO Euro Nymph Shorty;
Big Game/Saltwater/Tropical: SA Amplitude Smooth Titan Long, SA Amplitude Smooth Grand Slam, SA Amplitude Smooth Infinity Salt, SA Mastery Redfish Cold, Orvis Hydros Saltwater All Rounder;
Spey/Switch Lines: RIO Trout Spey LINE, RIO SKAGIT Trout Spey LINE, RIO Trout Spey HEAD, RIO Skagit Trout Spey HEAD, RIO InTouch Switch Chucker, RIO Scandi-Short Versitip, RIO Skagit Max, RIO Skagit Max Short, RIO ConnectCore Metered Shooting, RIO ConnectCore Shooting;
Purchase made in Montan so NO SALES TAX
There are no reviews yet.