Orvis PRO Power Taper Line -Textured
TEXTURED Weight Forward Floating Fly Line
Item No: 2SK3-21-XX (Line sizes: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
- Ultra Premium Fly Line
- Orvis Weight Forward “Power” Taper (quick loading and enhanced turnover)
- Frictionless Casting (you’ll cast farther, with less effort)
- Texturing (micro-replicated texture which reduces friction in the guides, dramatically increasing casting distance, floatabilty and mendability.)
- AST Plus treatment provides continuous slickness that incorporates completely, continuously migrates out, works longer, and is eight times slicker than any other slickness additive available for better shooting, improved floatation, and performance. Easily sheds dirt and oils allowing line to perform better longer
- Hy-Flote Tip (nice to not have it sink all the time when dry fly or even nymph fishing)
- Orvis Line ID (laser printed on the line so you’ll never have to guess when the sticker falls off your spool!)
- Integrated Slickness (built in and durable and super slick -in addition to texturing)
- Enhanced Welded Loop front end (super strong and super easy to attach leaders. Helps to transfer energy more efficiently to the leader allowing better turnover)
- Tri-Colored– Gray/Moss/Green (8′ stealth tip / 30′ from tip / rear taper and running line)
- Made in the USA (Go team, go!)
- FREE Shipping (use promo code: ccfsfreeship)
PRO Textured Power Taper Fly Lines offer increased surface area, allowing the line to sit higher in the water, offering less drag, easier mending, less water spray and easier pick-ups. The micro-textured surface traps air to provide increases in both shootability and floatation while decreasing friction. PRO Power Taper is designed for loading faster action rods at a half-size heavier than industry standard grain weight. The advanced compound taper design allows for easier turn-over of heavier rigs, including larger dries, dry-dropper rigs, nymphs, and streamers. The Power Taper will load a rod deeper and quicker than a traditionally weighted line, helping to enhance “feel” and improve timing during the cast. The 50′ head adds length for better line control and loop stability and the longer head excels at on-water maintenance for mending on longer drifts. 4 wt-8 wt.
Shop Staff Notes: PRO Power Taper Textured lines lines are so amazing to cast. The Power Taper does make a difference when trying to get your leader to turnover in the wind! It’s a great choice for big dries, Nymph Rigs and streamers using Versileaders. As a result, this is our most popular taper. Textured lines are our favorites to fish because of their amazing performance and high durability. We tell people that they will add 10′-15′ of distance with the same casting stroke as their old, non-textured line! That’s not a sales pitch, it’s true! They float great, mend crazy good and we’ve already mentioned their castability. Yes, they make some noise as the line is flying through the guides and they can burn your finger if your stripping streamer quickly with them but those are not enough of a negative to not use this line. (Get a Buff Finger Guard if you like stripping streamers.) The zing noise can actually help you in casting by helping with your timing (you’ll know exactly when line is moving through the guides -and one of the main keys in fly casting is, “There shall not be any line moving through the guides until it’s time!”) The figure burn with the streamers is fixed easily with a Buff Finger Sleeve. Bottom line about this line -you will love it! And yes, it’s pretty much nearly identical to the SA Amplitude textured line but with Orvis’ custom Power Taper and colors. Our most popular fly line tapers we sell are MPX by Scientific Anglers and Power Taper by Orvis followed by Gold by RIO.
TEXTURED Fly Lines we carry: Freshwater: Orvis PRO Power Taper Textured, Orvis PRO Trout Textured; SA Amplitude Textured Infinity, SA Amplitude MPX Fly Line, SA Amplitude Trout; Airflo Superflo Universal, Airflo Superflo Power Taper, Airflo Superflo Tactical Taper;
SMOOTH Fly Lines we carry: Freshwater: Orvis PRO Power Taper Smooth, Orvis PRO Trout Smooth, SA Amplitude Smooth Infinity, SA Mastery MPX, SA Mastery ART, SA Frequency Trout, Orvis Hydros WF Trout, Orvis Hydros Superfine, Orvis Clearwater; RIO Elite Gold, RIO Elite Perception, RIO InTouch Technical Trout, RIO InTouch Trout-Steelhead Indicator; RIO Gold, RIO FIPS Euro Nymph, RIO Euro Nymph Shorty;
Big Game/Saltwater/Tropical: SA Amplitude Smooth Titan Long, SA Amplitude Smooth Grand Slam, SA Amplitude Smooth Infinity Salt, SA Mastery Redfish Cold, Orvis Hydros Saltwater All Rounder;
Spey/Switch Lines: RIO Trout Spey LINE, RIO SKAGIT Trout Spey LINE, RIO Trout Spey HEAD, RIO Skagit Trout Spey HEAD, RIO InTouch Switch Chucker, RIO Scandi-Short Versitip, RIO Skagit Max, RIO Skagit Max Short, RIO ConnectCore Metered Shooting, RIO ConnectCore Shooting; Airflo Ridge Extreme Running Line;
There are no reviews yet.