RIO InTouch SKAGIT TROUT SPEY Fly Line
100′ Floating Fly Line
- RIO’s new “Skagit Trout Spey” taper on this fly line for Trout Spey Rods or Switch Rods is an integrated fly line (no loop-to-loops connections to catch) and has a short, 13′-17′ total head length and a powerful taper which makes it super easy to cast heavy tips and big flies.
- Ideal for Two-Handed Trout Spey Rods (or Switch Rods) AND Single-Handed Rods!
- Works perfectly with MOW Tips, Tapered Tips and Versileaders
- RIO’s ConnectCore Technology (ultra-low stretch fly line core means more energy transfer to load your rod for your casting and better hook set, reaction times and feel on fish)
- RIO’s AgentX Line Technology (Traditional, single-layer fly lines have to compromise between function and the need for durability and slickness. AgentX Technology makes the old compromise obsolete by bonding two separate coating layers onto one line. This proprietary process allows RIO line designers to optimize the specific performance of each line. For example, AgentX floating lines can use an inner layer with more buoyant microspheres, while the outer layer is formulated for maximum toughness and shooting ability. AgentX means the best of both worlds in a single fly line.)
- RIO’s Xtreme Slickness Line Technology (Every fly fisherman is looking for a slicker line, and for good reason. Slicker line means longer casts, which is something all anglers strive to achieve. XS Technology is the latest development from RIO’s lab coats that focuses on creating an ultra slick line, with dirt-repelling tendencies.)
- RIO’s Easy ID (laser printed on the line so you’ll never have to guess when the sticker falls off your spool!)
- RIO’s Welded Loops front and rear (super strong and super easy to attach tips, leaders and backing)
- RIO’s TriColor marking system (Improves casting accuracy by making it easy to gauge exact distances with a quick glance)- Pale Chartreuse/Orange/Light Gray (Head/Load Zone/running line)
- Spey or Switch Rods Sizes: 2-weight to 5-weight
- Single-Hand Rods Sizes: 5-weight to 8-weight (add 3 to the line weight to match the single-hand rod)
- Made in the USA (Go team, go!)
- FREE Shipping on this product -use code: ccfsfreeship
The InTouch SKAGIT Trout Spey line is a very easy casting, short head style line that will throw big flies and fast sinking tips with exceptional ease. This is the perfect line for swinging and stripping streamers for anglers using light two-handed trout Spey rods, as well as regular single-handed fly rods (just check the grain weight to match). Each line is made on RIO’s ultra-low stretch ConnectCore for maximum sensitivity, and is built with a seamlessly integrated running line for ease of use. An additional tip needs to be attached to complete this line, and we recommend a Light Skagit MOW Tip for the best result when casting large flies.
Here’s a couple of videos on Vimeo featuring our friend and Spey guru, Simon Gawesworth, explaining all about the new RIO Trout Spey line series: RIO’s Upcoming 2019 Trout Spey and Skagit Trout Spey Lines. RIO’s InTouch Trout Spey Lines and Heads.
Shop Staff Notes: The RIO InTouch Skagit Trout Spey Fly Line is super easy to cast and powerful enough to launch just about any sink tip and big streamer you put on the end of this line. There is a taper to this line but it’s main goal is not delicacy but rather power. Skagit are the most popular type of line we sell because most of our customers are using their two-hand rods for fishing streamers and Skagit lines are excellent for this purpose. Not the right line for finesse presentations of small soft hackles and it’s just too short a head to fish nymphs or dries. This line also works great as a powerful and easy casting streamer line for single-hand rods. Just remember you need to bump up 3 sizes on the rod for what the line is labeled for -eg. use a 3wt Skagit Trout Spey Line on a 6wt Fly Rod. This is a fully integrated fly line with no loop-to-loop connections of the head to the shooting line so it’s great for stripping in and it doesn’t get caught in the guides at all. This line is also available in just a Shooting Head but we sell more of the full fly line version just for simplicity and a bit for cost. (It’s more expensive to buy the Head and Shooting Line than just the one, integrated line.). If you are looking for a fly line more all around in utility for fishing smaller streamers, soft hackles, nymphs or dries, than we would recommend the RIO InTouch Trout Spey Line.
TEXTURED Fly Lines we carry: Freshwater: Orvis PRO Power Taper Textured, Orvis PRO Trout Textured; SA Amplitude Textured Infinity, SA Amplitude MPX Fly Line, SA Amplitude Trout; Airflo Superflo Universal, Airflo Superflo Power Taper, Airflo Superflo Tactical Taper;
SMOOTH Fly Lines we carry: Freshwater: Orvis PRO Power Taper Smooth, Orvis PRO Trout Smooth, SA Amplitude Smooth Infinity, SA Mastery MPX, SA Mastery ART, SA Frequency Trout, Orvis Hydros WF Trout, Orvis Hydros Superfine, Orvis Clearwater; RIO Elite Gold, RIO Elite Perception, RIO InTouch Technical Trout, RIO InTouch Trout-Steelhead Indicator; RIO Gold, RIO FIPS Euro Nymph, RIO Euro Nymph Shorty;
Big Game/Saltwater/Tropical: SA Amplitude Smooth Titan Long, SA Amplitude Smooth Grand Slam, SA Amplitude Smooth Infinity Salt, SA Mastery Redfish Cold, Orvis Hydros Saltwater All Rounder;
Spey/Switch Lines: RIO Trout Spey LINE, RIO SKAGIT Trout Spey LINE, RIO Trout Spey HEAD, RIO Skagit Trout Spey HEAD, RIO InTouch Switch Chucker, RIO Scandi-Short Versitip, RIO Skagit Max, RIO Skagit Max Short, RIO ConnectCore Metered Shooting, RIO ConnectCore Shooting; Airflo Ridge Extreme Running Line;
FREE Shipping on this product -use code: ccfsfreeship
Purchase made in Montan so NO SALES TAX