OROS Strike Indicators
3-Pack, 3 Assorted Colors in each pack (white, pink, orange)
3 Sizes: Small (1/2″), Medium (3/4″), Large (1″), or Custom COMBO Pack with 1 of each size
Game changer bobber? The new Oros Strike Indicators just might be! New in 2022, Oros Indicators offer exceptional performance. Oros strike indicators enclose fastening hardware inside of two foam hemispheres. When closed, the foam compress creating a pressure fit lock that keeps it on the line and in place, without kinking. Large screw threads make securing it to the line effortless, and it it’s even easier to lock in place with wet hands. You can mix or match colors for optimal visibility under various conditions. Three different sizes to match the water and fly and weight conditions. Oros strike indicators eliminate common indicator pain points. There are no small parts to fumble and lose. It’s streamlined design is centered on the line for balanced casting. There is no exposed fastening hardware or posts sticking out to create drag or tangle line.
- Super light – Easier, more efficient casting and delivery.
- Suspends more weight on the water.
- Stealth: Less visible to fish, and the lighter overall weight lands softer on the water.
- Visible: 3 colors in each pack for a variety of light and water conditions
- Sensitivity: Better strike detection.
- Easy to see leader slot when attaching.
- 3 sizes: 1/2″, 3/4″ or 1″ to cover any size fly or weight or water condition
- Biodegradable but not to be confused with “water soluble:” Oros Strike Indicators will not dissolve or be compromised in any way during normal use. Oros Fly Fishing Strike Indicators are made with a biodegradable additive that rapidly enhances the ability for plastic to biodegrade in natural environments, not in normal use.
- Sustainable: Our paper packaging material is Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified.
- Less Plastic: No single use plastic is used in our consumer packaging.
- Excellent when used in conjunction with a RIO Indicator Leader
- Also available in a convenient pre-rigged CCFS Oros Nymph Rig Leader.
See additional photos for this product for instructions on how to use these handy strike indicators.
Shop Staff Pro Tip- Use the 1/2″ for smaller nymphs in shallower water or in “short leashing” nymphs to fish feeding on emerging nymphs or drowned spinners. The 3/4″ bobber is the most common size we use and is a great, all around size for most of your nymphing needs. Use the 1″size for freestone streams when you’re fishing in heavier water or with a larger fly like stoneflies. We also use these on the MO when we have runoff and have to fish more than 7′ deep by using heavy flies and/or heavier Split Shot. Of course, you can just get the 3-Size Combo pack and have the ability to easily switch the indicator size to suit your fishing situation!
Also available in our extremely popular, CCFS Nymph Rig Systems that make setting up and fishing nymphs super easy, amazingly effective and a lot less expensive than using up your good leaders on nymph fishing. Another excellent option for a kink-free, easily adjustable strike indicator systems are the tried and true, Airlock Indicators and our CCFS Airlock Nymph Rig Leader.