RIO ConnectCore Shooting Line
- RIO’s ConnectCore Shooting Line is an incredibly sensitive shooting line with fantastic, no-tangle performance. The best shooting line ever made.
- Thick, highly visible handling section for durability and visibility
- RIO’s ConnectCore Technology (ultra-low stretch fly line core means more energy transfer to load your rod for your casting and better hook set, reaction times and feel on fish)
- RIO’s Xtreme Slickness Line Technology (Every fly fisherman is looking for a slicker line, and for good reason. Slicker line means longer casts, which is something all anglers strive to achieve. XS Technology is the latest development from RIO’s lab coats that focuses on creating an ultra slick line, with dirt-repelling tendencies.)
- RIO’s Easy ID (laser printed on the line so you’ll never have to guess when the sticker falls off your spool!)
- RIO’s Welded Loops front and rear (super strong and super easy to attach heads and to backing)
- RIO’s DualTone color marking system, Handling Zone/Running Line (Improves casting accuracy by making it easy to gauge exact distances with a quick glance. See color schemes below.)
- 100′ long, in 4 diameters.
- Made in the USA (Got team, go!)
RIO’s ConnectCore shooting line is the very best coated shooting line on the market with tremendous assets for the Spey fly fisher. Built on an ultra-low stretch core, it allows anglers to stay perfectly in touch with their fly throughout the swing, feel every slight touch, set the hook deeply and have complete control when playing a fish. A thick, highly visible, bright orange handling section makes it easy to grip the line, and shows when to stop stripping and make the cast. The super slick XS Technology coating floats high and shoots far.
Both ends of the shooting line have large, 8″ welded loops to allow anglers to easily thread through whole shooting head coils, or reels for speedy rigging. Anglers can utilize the thick handling section at the front, or keep the thinner non orange end at the front. There are 4 sizes available, with the following specs:
0.026″ – gray, with 16ft handling section. 15lb core. Ideal for heads between 200-450gr
0.032″ – green, with 17ft handling section. 20lb core. Ideal for heads between 450-575gr
0.037″ – blue, with 18ft handling section. 20lb core. Ideal for heads between 575-675gr
0.042″ – straw, with 19ft handling section. 30lb core. Ideal for heads over 675gr
Shop Staff Notes: This was our favorite Shooting Line to use -until the RIO ConnectCore Metered Shooting Line came out in late 2018. This line is the same as the Metered but is solid color except the first 10′. This is still an excellent shooting line. You just feel so connected to your fly -and to the fish, once they grab! The low stretch is amazingly apparent when your fly snags the bottom and you have to do the straight rod pull to get it loose/break it off. Chris Striainer: “The first time I used it and had to do that, I was shocked and pleased! I have used several different Shooting Lines in the past 10+ years of Spey casting and fishing for Steelhead and for Trout Spey, I have now switched over to RIO ConnectCore Shooting Line on all my reels for all my shooting heads. I can recommend this Shooting Line whole heartily for any Spey catster, any skill level.” Perfect shooting line to use with RIO Scani-Short Versitp Shooting Heads.
Some of the other awesome RIO Fly Lines we carry: RIO InTouch Gold, RIO InTouch Perception, RIO InTouch Extreme Indicator, RIO Trout LT; Spey/Switch Lines: RIO InTouch Switch Chucker, RIO Scandi-Short Versitip, RIO ConnectCore Metered Shooting, RIO ConnectCore Shooting, RIO Skagit Short 475 Grains, RIO Skagit Short 525 Grains, RIO Skagit Short 575 Grains,