RIO InTouch TROUT SPEY Fly Line
100′ Floating Fly Line
- RIO’s new and versatile “Trout Spey” taper on this fly line for Trout Spey Rods or Switch Rods is an integrated fly line (no loop-to-loops connections to catch) and has a 15′ long front taper which makes it perfect for nymph and indicator rigs, soft hackles and small streamers and even dry flies.
- Ideal for Two-Handed Trout Spey Rods (or Switch Rods) AND Single-Handed Rods!
- Works perfectly with Tapered Leaders, Versileaders and Light Tips
- RIO’s ConnectCore Technology (ultra-low stretch fly line core means more energy transfer to load your rod for your casting and better hook set, reaction times and feel on fish)
- RIO’s AgentX Line Technology (Traditional, single-layer fly lines have to compromise between function and the need for durability and slickness. AgentX Technology makes the old compromise obsolete by bonding two separate coating layers onto one line. This proprietary process allows RIO line designers to optimize the specific performance of each line. For example, AgentX floating lines can use an inner layer with more buoyant microspheres, while the outer layer is formulated for maximum toughness and shooting ability. AgentX means the best of both worlds in a single fly line.)
- RIO’s Xtreme Slickness Line Technology (Every fly fisherman is looking for a slicker line, and for good reason. Slicker line means longer casts, which is something all anglers strive to achieve. XS Technology is the latest development from RIO’s lab coats that focuses on creating an ultra slick line, with dirt-repelling tendencies.)
- RIO’s Easy ID (laser printed on the line so you’ll never have to guess when the sticker falls off your spool!)
- RIO’s Welded Loops front and rear (super strong and super easy to attach tips, leaders and backing)
- RIO’s TriColor marking system (Improves casting accuracy by making it easy to gauge exact distances with a quick glance)- Yellow/Orange/Light Gray (Head/Load Zone/running line)
- Spey or Switch Rods Sizes: 2-weight to 5-weight
- Single-Hand Rods Sizes: 5-weight to 8-weight (add 3 to the line weight to match the single-hand rod)
- Made in the USA (Go team, go!)
- FREE Shipping on this product -use code: ccfsfreeship
The INTOUCH TROUT SPEY line is a very easy casting, short head style line for anglers using light two-handed trout Spey rods, and regular single-handed fly rods (just check the grain weight to match). Each line is built on RIO’s ultra-low stretch ConnectCore for maximum sensitivity, and is built with a seamlessly integrated running line for ease of use. Anglers can attach regular leaders, Versileaders or Light MOW Tips to the front, and these lines are perfect for nymph and indicator rigs, soft hackles and small streamers and even dry flies.
Here’s a couple of videos on Vimeo featuring our friend and Spey guru, Simon Gawesworth, explaining all about the new RIO Trout Spey line series: RIO’s Upcoming 2019 Trout Spey and Skagit Trout Spey Lines. RIO’s InTouch Trout Spey Lines and Heads.
Shop Staff Notes: The RIO InTouch Trout Spey Fly Line is wonderful floating fly line to use on the popular Trout Spey Rods or Switch Rods -but is also a powerful line to use with single-hand rods (you just need to go up by 3 sizes- eg. use a 3wt Trout Spey line on a 6wt rod.) The 23′ Head is super easy to cast making for a short casting stroke and the 15′ long front taper allows for a more delicate presentation of smaller flies. A good choice for an all around line for your two-handed rod. Not as powerful as a Skagit line but more versatile in the range of types of fishing you can do. Dries up stream, Nymphing while wading or from a boat, swinging Soft Hackles or Stripping Streamers. I would compare this line to a short Scandinavian line. This line works really well with the RIO Spey Versileaders or just regular 9′ or 12′ Leaders and with our CCFS Nymph Rigs. This is a fully integrated fly line with no loop-to-loop connections of the head to the shooting line so it’s great for stripping in and it doesn’t get caught in the guides at all. This line is also available in just a Shooting Head but we sell more of the full fly line version just for simplicity and a bit for cost. (It’s more expensive to buy the Head and Shooting Line than just the one, integrated line.). If you are looking for a fly line more specialized for throwing heavier sink tips and bigger streamers, than we would recommend the RIO InTouch SKAGIT Trout Spey Line.
TEXTURED Fly Lines we carry: Freshwater: Orvis PRO Power Taper Textured, Orvis PRO Trout Textured; SA Amplitude Textured Infinity, SA Amplitude MPX Fly Line, SA Amplitude Trout; Airflo Superflo Universal, Airflo Superflo Power Taper, Airflo Superflo Tactical Taper;
SMOOTH Fly Lines we carry: Freshwater: Orvis PRO Power Taper Smooth, Orvis PRO Trout Smooth, SA Amplitude Smooth Infinity, SA Mastery MPX, SA Mastery ART, SA Frequency Trout, Orvis Hydros WF Trout, Orvis Hydros Superfine, Orvis Clearwater; RIO Elite Gold, RIO Elite Perception, RIO InTouch Technical Trout, RIO InTouch Trout-Steelhead Indicator; RIO Gold, RIO FIPS Euro Nymph, RIO Euro Nymph Shorty;
Big Game/Saltwater/Tropical: SA Amplitude Smooth Titan Long, SA Amplitude Smooth Grand Slam, SA Amplitude Smooth Infinity Salt, SA Mastery Redfish Cold, Orvis Hydros Saltwater All Rounder;
Spey/Switch Lines: RIO Trout Spey LINE, RIO SKAGIT Trout Spey LINE, RIO Trout Spey HEAD, RIO Skagit Trout Spey HEAD, RIO InTouch Switch Chucker, RIO Scandi-Short Versitip, RIO Skagit Max, RIO Skagit Max Short, RIO ConnectCore Metered Shooting, RIO ConnectCore Shooting; Airflo Ridge Extreme Running Line;
FREE Shipping on this product -use code: ccfsfreeship
Purchase made in Montan so NO SALES TAX